The 2022 Latin America Networking Conference (LANC 2022) is in-cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM and will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia, everywhere in the world, but especially from the Latin American countries, to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in networking.
LANC 2022 will be held in collaboration with CLEI 2022, the 2022 Latin American Conference on Computing, organized in this opportunity by the Universidad del Quindio, Armenia, Colombia. It will be celebrated on October 19-20, 2022, as a hybrid conference (in-person and virtually). In addition to the traditional paper presentations, the conference will host tutorials and keynote speeches. You can download the extension of the Call for Papers in PDF format from this link.
Similarly to preview years, all the accepted and presented papers will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
Students, faculty, researchers, and scientists are invited to submit high-quality original technical manuscripts written in English to LANC 2022. All submitted papers will have at least three reviews. Acceptance will be based on originality, quality, relevance, and the practical value of the work. Two categories are available: (1) full papers and (2) short papers. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere. The peer-review process will be “single-blind” where manuscripts shall be submitted with the author(s) names and affiliations. At least one author of every accepted manuscript must register to attend the conference in-person or virtually, and present his/her article. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the conference proceedings.
Full Papers: From 6 to 8 single-spaced pages in length. An acceptance rate of approximately 35% is anticipated for the Full Paper category. Awards for the best full papers will be presented.
Short Papers: From 4 to 5 single-spaced pages in length. The acceptance rate is targeted at 45% for this category. Awards for the best short papers will be presented.
The Technical Program Committee will announce the best papers during the event, and the authors will be awarded a certificate.
LANC 2022 invites prospective authors to submit their original technical work with significant research contributions in the following topics that are of special interest for the conference, but are not limited to:
- Cloud and fog computing
- Delay/Disruption-tolerant networks
- Green and energy-efficient communications
- Internet-based applications
- Advances in Internet Protocols
- Low-cost access networks
- Multimedia networking systems
- National ICT infrastructures for education
- Network and service management
- Network performance evaluation
- Network security
- Optical communications
- Peer-to-peer and overlay networks
- Protocol optimizations
- Smart grid communications
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) in communication systems
- Social networking (online, mobile, and pervasive)
- Software-Defined Networks (SDN)
- Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc, vehicular, and sensor networks
- Cyber-physical systems and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Dynamic spectrum management
- Implementation and experimental testbeds
- Cognitive radio networking
- Cross-layer design and optimization
- 5th Generation Networks (5G)
- Machine Learning for networking
- Federated learning for networking
- Network simulations
Authors submitting manuscripts for peer-review to the LANC Conference consent to the following policies:
- That the work submitted is original, that the listed authors are the creators of the work, that each author is aware of the submission and that they are listed as an author, and that the paper is an honest representation of the underlying work
- That the work submitted is not currently under review at any other publication venue, and that it will not be submitted to another venue unless it is rejected from this venue
- That the submitting authors have the rights and intent to publish the work in this venue, if the work is accepted
- That any prior publications on which this work is based are documented appropriately in the manuscript and/or in a cover letter available to reviewers. This documentation includes providing an explanation of the new contribution that extends prior published results.
To submit a manuscript for evaluation at LANC 2022, use the EasyChair system. Remember that the process of evaluation is “single-blind”, and submitted manuscripts shall have author(s) names and affiliations. You will be asked to select a category during the submission (full papers or short papers). Be sure you submit your manuscript to the right category. Submitted articles should be well formatted and use proper English grammar and punctuation.
|Deadline for Submission of Manuscripts
|Extended Deadline for Submission of Manuscripts (FIRM)
|July 27, 2022
|Notification of Acceptance
|September 1, 2022
|Due Date for Camera-ready
|September 11, 2022
|October 19-20, 2022